Zero-Contact Drain Survey Inspections (Covid-19 Compliant)
Pandemic or not, the health of your drains always remains of vital importance. If you’re experiencing drainage woes, or are moving home and want to check on the general health of your new drainage system, a drain survey is ideal.
But how do CCTV drain surveys comply with social distancing rules to keep everyone safe, while still carrying out this essential work? In this article, we’ll outline how the team here at Express Drainage Surveys ensure complete hygiene and safety of staff, customers and the general public, while still delivering a first-rate service.
The importance of a drain survey
If you’re experiencing a blockage, pest problem or tree root growth, or you simply don’t know what’s causing the issue, a drain survey gets to the source of the problem. Likewise, if you’re looking to buy or sell a house, you’ll want to scout out any hidden drainage issues before making the deal.
By feeding state-of-the-art cameras into the drains, we gain visual evidence of the issue, allowing us to diagnose the precise problem and accurately pinpoint its location. This makes repair and resolution much easier.
Stages of the contact-free drain survey
- First, contact us by phone or email to discuss your situation and needs. Once we’ve answered any questions you may have, we can arrange a date and time that suits you.
- The engineer will arrive at your property to conduct the zero-contact drain survey. They will alert you to their arrival and begin the inspection which happens outdoors via the property’s inspection chamber. We have put strict hygiene practices in place – engineers wear the necessary PPE, which includes disposable gloves and face masks. All engineers will also be temperature checked before visiting.
- Our state-of-the-art cameras are specially designed to withstand the internal drain conditions, including heavy pressure. They collect footage from all angles, accessing areas that are hard-to-reach. These cameras are pushed along by flexible access rods, or transported by remote-controlled crawlers.
- Once all the information has been collected, we’ll feed back to you. Normally there would be a face-to-face discussion and demonstration on the video display regarding our findings, but due to the COVID-19 situation, the outcome will be discussed over the phone and sent to you as a report depending on the survey package you have chosen. (Our comprehensive drain survey contains written findings and the evidence such as footage, images, drawings.)
- Should there be remedial work you choose to proceed with, we will then arrange the next necessary steps for a continued contact-free drainage service from our expert team.
Your safety remains our top priority during these times, so please don’t hesitate to discuss any of these points in further detail with our team by getting in touch.
Express Drainage Surveys remain open for business, servicing customers across London and beyond with drain inspections. We provide any drainage repairs safely, hygienically and in compliance with government guidelines. Our team can also offer emergency drainage services with a 60-minute response time.